CSR Project with Gujarat Guardian Limited
Girl Child Education Project in Dediapada
(District Narmada, Gujarat)
By educating a girl child, you educate the entire family.
Gujarat Guardian Limited is a member of a group of companies led by Guardian Industries Corp. (U.S.A), one of the world’s leading manufacturers of float and fabricated glass. The company has a strong emphasis on the pursuit of growth and excellence of its people, product and services. As an industry-leader Gujarat Guardian Limited has a strong network of dealers and authorised retailers and the MODIGUARD® name enjoys strong brand image. The plant is located in Kaundh Village, Ankleshwar, in Bharuch district.
As a part of CSR initiative of Gujarat Guardian Limited, Jeevantirth has launched a Pilot Project of GCE in 10 selected Villages of Dediapada from 1st December 2016.
It is found that due to ‘School Enrolment Drive” children do get enrolled in the schools but they drop out (rather pushed out) from the school system because of ‘Virtual Exclusion’ – Virtual exclusion refers to children who are in school, but for whatever reason, not learning. (NB: Our study revealed that about 60% children do not learn much in the schools even at lower primary level. Somehow they are promoted to upper primary level but by that time students as well as their parent lose hope in the process of education and they decide not to continue after 7th or 8th standard.) Another problem is – Not Making the Transition to Secondary – Of the children who complete primary, most of them fail to make the transition to secondary. This is more in the case of girl child.
Strategic Thrust of the Proposed Project:
- To make strong foundation of elementary education by functional literacy and basic mathematical ability.
- To create conducive learning environment in schools so that actual learning takes place.
- To focus on MLL (Minimum Level of Learning) Competencies of each subjects for Upper Primary.
- To ensure that Girls do join Secondary Education after completing their Upper Primary Education.
Salient features of the project:
- Project will cover 10 Villages of Dediapada.
- Asharam Shalas – Residential Schools – having girl child will be given top priority.
- Project duration six months starting from December 2016.
- Main focus will be on Upper Primary, from Standard 6th to 8th.
- Concept of “Education through Correlation” will be employed.
- Due emphasis will be given on Need base education, Education for Sustainable Development, Life Skill education and Personality Development.
- Judicial use of technologies and TLMs like Digital Classroom, LCD Projector and educational CDs – VCDs, Science Kits, Math lab etc. will be made.
“Let the Campaign of Girl Child Education spread in every home,
Let the Lamp of educating daughters be lit up in every heart. ”