Giving is a noble act for all the citizens living on the globe, but for Indians, it is more then a tradition. We have a habit of taking out part for cows & dogs before we take our own meal. We welcome our guests as Gods & we make sure they do not go empty stomach & empty hearted from our home.
Good news is that every years since 2009, starting from Gandhiji’s birthday, a Joy of Giving Week is celebrated nationally wherein many institutions, NGOs & individuals try to reach the unreached by contributing anything they have like time, expertise, cash or kind as per their likings. The quantity does not matter, what matters is that it reaches to those who need it. Be it a smile to a sad face or a meal in its suitable space.
Jeevantirth welcomes you to participate in this Joy of Giving Week this year; lets not wait for a year ending or an occasion to contribute. The occasion has arrived at doorstep for you to be instrumental of Giving a Joy in this Joy of Giving Week.
Small chunks of support from all of us will make a HUGE difference in the lives of few urban underprivileged people with whom we work. Here is how you can make this difference:
• Spend one night of Garba at an expensive venue with 5 friends
• Give Joy by sponsoring one Bal Sanskar Kendra for a month
• Give Joy by giving/sponsoring one day training for Women of Self Help Group.
• Give Joy by sponsoring a one day Youth Empowerment Program for 20 youths.
• Give Joy by offering/sponsoring necessary things to elderly people like specs/sticks/medicines etc.
• Have a lavish family dinner at a multi starred restaurant
• Give Joy by sponsoring one child annual education expense
• Give Joy by arranging/sponsoring one time snacks to almost 250 children
• Give Joy by arranging/sponsoring a meeting for Women of Self Help Group.
• Give Joy to elderly people by offering/sponsoring snacks after their weekly satsang.
• Give Joy by offering operating expense of one Bal Sanskar Kendra for a month
• Buy one traditional dress wear for garba/marriage/other occasions
• Give Joy by offering/sponsoring snacks every year at one Bal Sanskar Kendra
• Give Joy by arranging/sponsoring weekly meetings of Youth Groups
• Give Joy by sponsoring for various games, activities, books etc for youth & children
• Give Joy by offering meal to elderly people after their weekly satsang.
• Give Joy by arranging short trips or recreations for elderly people.
• Give Joy by teaching/sponsoring one girl child for a year.
• Give Joy by sponsoring one day life skills training for 25 girls.
• Spend lavishly on your/family member’s marriage
• Give joy by sponsoring vocational training & livelihood kit for one woman of Self Help Group.
• Give Joy by arranging/sponsoring educational tour or cultural programs for girls.
Bal Sanskar Kendras are the educational centers established by Jeevantirth Organization for the children of underprivileged people at Ramapir Tekro, the biggest slum of Ahmedabad.
All the youth, girl child & elderly people are underprivileged residents of Ramapir Tekro, Juna Vadaj, Ahmedabad.
The Joy of Giving is the biggest Joy that prevails in this world & even operates it. Be a part of it & be instrumental & in Giving Joy.